Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Our biennial Hydra meetups, and the big 2002 Event
solongleonard

Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Further update - I sat on the bench again today. I chose the left hand corner as you stand with your back to the sea. Tomorrow I am plannng to try the right hand corner! It is raining quite a lot today and some people have used, what the Greeks call, "umbrellas" to divert the descending "drops" of rain from falling on their clothes or bodies. A couple of crazy Cohenites are not using "umbrellas" at all!
solongleonard

Re: Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Postby solongleonard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:46 am

Many of you have enquired about the long term effects of the "rain". I am sad to report that despite my use of 3 professional "umbrellas" some of my clothes still got "wet". I also "accidentally" stabbed 4 different* people in the eye with one of my newer "umbrellas" for which I have had insufficient training. This was not a great end to my holiday, and the victims could perhaps argue that it wasn't a great end to their eyes either.

* one guy I stabbed twice and quite deliberately but this is not an important distinction imho. I am sure you see my argument (unlike the victims who can no longer see anything at all).
solongleonard

Postby solongleonard » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Jarkko has been kind enough to give me permission to reveal the real reason that the Forum decided to commemorate Leonard at Hydra with the placement of a bench.

Birkat Hamazon , the blessing after the meal, is also known colloquially as “benching,” the English version of the Yiddish term bentshn, which means to bless.

Leonard was a blessing and each of us who was in Hydra last week for the ceremony was "benching" in his honour.
solongleonard

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:44 pm

May I ask all those sending me private messages on this thread to carry on. I feel we are now getting a lot closer to the truth,

Return to “Hydra Meetups 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005 & The Event in 2002”