Where to eat on Hydra

Our biennial Hydra meetups, and the big 2002 Event
jarkko
Site Admin

Where to eat on Hydra

Postby jarkko » Sun May 14, 2017 8:23 pm

This year we have 200 participants and it would be very difficult to organize a dinner for such a large group.
Therefore we have promised to give some ideas where to eat in smaller groups.
Note that this list is far from complete! Hydra is full of taverns that serve delicious Greek food.
These are just some of our personal favorites. (Roloi is not listed here because everybody knows it anyway!)

Feel free to add YOUR suggestions to this thread!
Jarkko:
In the Hydra village:
To Gitonikon (used to be Cristina & Manoli's)
Dusko's (official name Xeri Elia Duskos)

Kamini:
Pirofani
Kodylenia's

Vlychos:
Paradosiakon
Wijbe wants to add the following:
In the Hydra village:
Veranda
Secret Garden
Pedro Serrano:
Kryfo Limani (the one i like best)
Il Casta (nearby Krifo's and a good italian dinner)
Annita's Tavern (in the plaza near the pharmacy).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
hydriot

Re: Where to eat on Hydra

Postby hydriot » Wed May 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Every-one has their favourite of course (and I won't mention mine) but I also like Psaropoulos which moved last year from the front to overlooking the port on the far west side. I particularly recommend their seafood salad.

Crypto Limani (The Secret Harbour) is tiny but much appreciated by locals: outstanding black-eyed bean salad and the lamb-with-quince is excellent (but out of season right now).

Christina and Manoli's is now being run by the next generation and continues her tradition for excellent fare (the swordfish is recommended). I bumped into Christina with her granddaughter a few days ago (she has moved to my part of the island). She seemed as well as could be expected.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988

Return to “Hydra Meetups 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005 & The Event in 2002”